Tuesday

What exactly is a Quarter-Life Crisis

Some of you may be wondering where in the Good Name of the Lord did I get the title for this blog from. Well, there is a thing called a Quarter-Life Crisis, that seems to be a new discussion point. Its similar to a mid-life crisis, but more for people in my age group (21-25, 26-30). Some of the symptoms are:

* feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at one's academic/intellectual level
* frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
* confusion of identity
* insecurity regarding the near future
* insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
* insecurity regarding present accomplishments
* re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
* disappointment with one's job
* nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
* tendency to hold stronger opinions
* boredom with social interactions
* loss of closeness to high school and college friends
* financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
* loneliness
* desire to have children
* a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you

Now, I think everyone in the aforementioned "age group" can relate to at least 2 of these symptoms. So, don't feel alone...I surely don't.

You still may be asking, why this name? Well, because this blog will chronicle my current life whilst going through said Quarter-Life Crisis. The moves, the travels, the life, etc. Just everything that I may be thinking, doing, etc. Or at least, the stuff that I care to share. All in an effort to cope and possibly understand things a little better.

A lot of my opinions can be abrasive, crazy, poorly thought out, funny, etc. But hey, its just my thoughts ladies and gents.

I promise, I'll TRY to keep it clean.

~Bouier

1 comment:

  1. thats crazy. i went through this around my 20th birthday. like everyone of the things that you described. keep it up i will be following.

    ReplyDelete